Many windows 10 Users from all across the world are facing same problem that their HP Laptop Not Connecting to Wi-Fi with saved or new networks. If you are a PC user and upgraded to windows 10 lately, then you may have encounter with an error whenever you try to connect with Wireless network. It shows Limited or No internet access under the network settings icon which is at the taskbar. Luckily, resolving this error is a simple task you only have to make a call at our HP Support Number and take their appropriate support.
Different software and hardware errors can be the outcome of HP laptop not connecting to Wi-Fi in windows 10. This may be caused by either an easy glitch or may be LAN being plugged in. So, you have to simply remove it and reboot to test. If it works, then well and good, otherwise try taking the help from an expert. There are certain steps by which you can easily connect your HP laptop to Wi-Fi in windows 10.
Fix HP Laptop Not Connecting to Wi-Fi issue on Windows 10
The following are the troubleshooting steps you can attempt to fix your HP Laptop if it’s not connecting to Wi-Fi.
- Try Updating the Wireless driver on your PC
- Troubleshooting Using HP Support Assistant
- Reset Your Wireless Modem And Laptop
- Reinstall Wireless Adapter Drivers
- Hard Reset Your Laptop
To troubleshoot your laptop and make it connect to your Wi-Fi again, use the below-mentioned procedure accordingly and carefully.
Method 1: Update Your Wireless Network Driver
There are various ways to update a system’s drivers. The easiest of them is to Install Windows Update if pending any.
- Search for Windows Update Settings on the Windows search bar.
- There you’ll see a Check for updates button. Click on it to see if there are any pending updates.
- Any pending updates would be installed automatically.
Try connecting to the Wi-Fi network again and see if your problem is solved. If not you can continue following the troubleshooting steps.
Method 2: Update System’s Wireless Network Driver Using HP Support Assistant
- Search for HP Support Assistant in the Windows Search box.
- You can download it from the official website of HP support Assistant if it is not installed already and then install it.
- After launching the HP Support Assistant on your HP Laptop, select your Laptop model or name under My Devices.
- Select Check for updates and messages option and look for any updates under MY PC.
- If any updates are available, you’ll see an option of Updates. Click on it and then install the latest Wireless Network Driver.
Method 3: Use Device Manager to Update Your HP Wireless Network Drivers
Another method you can use to update your Laptop’s drivers is through Device Manager.
- Right-click on the Start icon on the left corner of the taskbar.
- Select the Device Manager option from the list of options shown.
- Look for Network adapters and then click on it.
- Right-click to choose your adapter model and then hit the Update Driver option.
- Click on Search automatically for updated driver software options.
- Install any pending driver updates and check if your problem is resolved.
If the issue was with outdated Wireless Network Drivers, these steps would easily fix your issue. But if there’s more to the problem, you need to keep reading and following the steps until your end up fixing your issue.
Method 4: Troubleshoot Automatically Using Windows Troubleshooter
HP Support Assistant is a tool that diagnoses issues with your laptop and fixes it automatically. You can use it for troubleshooting your HP Laptop if it is not connecting to Wi-Fi. Every HP Laptop gets the HP Support Assistant installed in it, however if you don’t have it you can simply download it from the HP Support Assistance portal. Or you can also follow the steps below to fix your issue using the built-in Windows Troubleshooter.
- Enable Wi-Fi by clicking on the wireless icon on your taskbar.
- Now right-click on the same icon and click on Troubleshoot problems.
- This will automatically open the Windows Network Diagnostic tool which will start diagnosing any issue with your Wireless connection.
- Once the Windows is done diagnosing the issue, you can see a list of problems with your Wi-Fi that you need to fix.
- Read the remedies mentioned and follow them as mentioned.
- After fixing all the issues shown, check if you can connect to Wi-Fi now.
Method 5: Reset Wireless Modem and HP Laptop
Sometimes a simple reset to your Laptop and Wireless Modem can fix all the issues. Use the below steps to know how to perform the task.
- Shut down your PC.
- Remove any power cord from your Wireless modem.
- Let it be like that for a minute and then attempt to re-establish the connection again.
- Connect the power cord to your Wireless modem again and wait until all the lights on it turn on.
- Try connecting any other device to your Wi-Fi and see if it can connect to it.
- If you think there’s something wrong with your Wi-Fi connection and if all the lights on it aren’t turning on, contact your broadband service provider.
- When your Wi-Fi starts working properly, open your Laptop and wait for it to connect to your Wi-Fi automatically. If your HP Laptop does not connect to Wi-Fi automatically, click on the Wi-Fi icon. Select your network option and then hit Connect.
Method 6: Reinstall Wi-Fi Drivers
If nothing seems to work and your HP Laptop is not connecting to Wi-Fi after following all the above-mentioned steps, then you should try reinstalling all the Wireless Network Adapter drivers. The following can be done simply from the HP Recovery Manager.
- First of all, disconnect any external USB wireless network adapter and restart your Laptop. After restarting your device, connect the adapter to another USB port.
- Search HP Recovery Manager in your windows search box.
- Select Yes when the User Account Control prompt shows up.
- Select the Reinstall Drivers option and choose your laptop’s wireless adapter option from the list of drivers.
- Click on Install and after it successfully gets installed, restarts your device.
Open your Laptop and try connecting to your Wi-Fi again.
Method 7: Perform Hard Reset
So, these steps would most probably fix your issue. However, if you are still facing the issue and your HP Laptop is not connecting to Wi-Fi, after all, then the last option is to perform a hard reset. To perform complete systems restore follow the steps given below:
*Note that performing a Hard Reset will remove the installed application, drivers, or updates but all your computer files will stay as it is. For safety, you can still make a backup before performing a Hard Reset.
- Press and hold the Power button for over 10 to 15 seconds.
- When you see the Windows logo, turn it off again and do this for at least three to four times.
- On the third or fourth run, you’ll be taken to Recovery Screen. There you need to select Advanced Options.
- Click on System Restore and then select the option that fixes your issue.
- Next, on the System Restore section select Choose a different restore point option.
- Select Next, and select the restore point when you didn’t have this issue.
- Click Next and then Finish to complete the restore.
We hope you are able to use your HP Laptop Not Connecting to Wi-Fi issue. However if the issue isn’t solved still, you can contact HP Laptop Support for assistance. We are third party laptop support and we can fix all your HP laptop issues in a jiffy. Don’t waste your time and contact us right away for help.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How Do I Connect My HP Windows 10 Laptop to Wi-Fi?
You need to select the Network on your first step. You can find it out from the notification area. Here, a list of available networks appears on your screen. Now, you should select the network that you are looking forward to connecting to. Then, you will have to select the ‘Connect’ option to connect to the Wi-Fi. Apart from that, you should enter the security password and then follow the additional instructions to do so.
Why can’t I Find My Wireless Network?
You might also face some problems while finding out the available wireless networks. What you should d so is to make sure that the adapter setting of your computer / device is in the enable mode. After that, you should place the computer in the range of your modem or router. Also, you also need to check if the SSID is not hidden by going to the wireless settings. Even if you are running into the same problems, you should opt for the help from the experts.
What Do I Do If My Wi-Fi Is Not Showing Up on My Laptop?
If your Wi-Fi is not showing up on your laptop, then you should check whether you have enabled the Wi-Fi. If it is in the ‘Disable’ mode, you should consider enabling it as quickly as possible. After that, you also need to place your laptop nearby the router or modem. Placing in the range will surely help you to connect to the network. Moreover, you should also take the correct guidance from the professionals if you need aid regarding the same.
Why Won’t My Laptop Connect to My Wi-Fi?
If you’re not capable of to connect your Laptop to the Wi-Fi, then you should follow the below points carefully: First of all, you need to turn the wireless key on to enable the wireless signal on your computer. After doing this, you need to go to the wireless connection icon which is available on the taskbar. Now, you should right-click on it and then choose the ‘Troubleshoot’ option. Once you click, you will be able to resolve the problems and easily connect your laptop to the Wi-Fi.
How Do I Connect to Wi-Fi On My HP Laptop?
The process of connecting your HP laptop to the Wi-Fi is very easy. All you need to do is to go to the ‘Network icon’ form the notification area. After that, you will come across the list of the available networks. Next, you should connect your laptop to the network and then type the security password. Once done, you will have to follow the instructions appearing on the computer system if there are any. By this way, you will be able to connect to the Wi-Fi network on the HP laptop with ease.
How Do I Enable My Wireless Adapter?
To enable your wireless adapter, you should first reach out to the ‘Start Menu’ by pressing the Windows key. Next, you should go to the ‘Control Panel’ option and then open the ‘Network and Internet category’. After that, you should click on the ‘Networking and Sharing Center’. Here, you will come across ‘Change adapter settings’ option that you need to right-click on it. Then, you will be able to reach out the ‘Wireless Connection’ where you have to click the ‘Enable’ option. By implementing these steps, you will be able to enable the wireless adept in no time.
How Do I Manually Connect to Wi-Fi?
Do you want to connect your computer system to the Wi-Fi? Follow the below-mentioned steps carefully to do so:
- For that, you should go to the Control Panel from the ‘Start’ menu.
- Now, you need to click on the ‘Network and Internet’ option.
- After that, you should move to the ‘Network and Sharing Center’ option.
- Next, you need to click on the network link or click the ‘Set up a new connection’ option.
- Choose the option says ‘Manually Connect to the Wireless Network’.
- Press the ‘Next’ button and then you have to enter the network SSID name and password.
- By this way, you will be able to connect to Wi-Fi manually.
How Do I Switch on Wi-Fi On My Laptop?
To switch on the Wi-Fi on your laptop, you should go to the ‘Start Menu’ option. Next, you need to choose the ‘Control Panel’ option. After that, you have to click on the ‘Network and Internet category’. Here, you need to navigate to the ‘Networking and Sharing Center’ and then select the option says ‘Change adapter settings’. Hereafter, you also need to right-click on the icon for the ‘Wireless Connection’ option and then click the ‘Enable’ option. Doing so will immediately turn on the Wi-Fi network on your laptop.
What to Do If the Laptop Is Not Connecting to Wi-Fi?
If your laptop is completely unable to connect to your Wi-Fi network, you should check whether your laptop has a WIFI button. Apart from that, you also need to make sure your WI-FI is in the active mode. Now, you will have to give a quick restart to your laptop and also restart the router. If the problems are still taking place, you should remove the wireless profile and then put in your password to reconnect it. Moreover, if you are still facing the same problems, you should take help from the professionals at anytime.
Why Can’t I See All Available Wireless Networks?
Are you not capable of viewing all the wireless networks available in your computer system? Are you also one of those who are looking to find the available wireless networks? For that, you will have to click the network icon that you can find out on the taskbar. Apart from that, the network icon will appear on the screen that you can easily view the same. Doing so will help you to check the connection and you can connect easily in no time.
How Do I Check My Network Connection?
Are you one of those who are looking to check the network connection? To check the internet connection, you should open the ‘Account’ menu. For that, you should click on the profile image and then go to the ‘Account Settings’ option. After that, you should select the ‘Diagnostics’ tab and then navigate to the ‘Diagnostics’ tab. Now, you should choose the ‘Run Test’ button which is available under the ‘Connection Diagnostics’ section. Doing so will run the multi-step connection test and assure that the network connection is stable.
Why Can’t Windows 10 Connect to Wi-Fi?
Are you not able to connect your Windows to your Wi-Fi network? However, it is very common that your Windows 10 can’t connect to the Wi-Fi. It usually happens due to a corrupt or outdated driver available in your computer system. For the resolution, you should consider manually installing the driver in an easy manner. What you need to do is to open the ‘Device Manager’ by going to the ‘Start’ menu. Here, you should search and right-click on the network adapter. After that, you need to click on the ‘Update Driver Software’ option.