Fix the HP Printer Blinking Orange Light Issue
HP is a trusted printer brand worldwide. However, sometimes, users encounter issues with their printing devices, wherein they report the HP printer blinking orange light. This light is the Resume light who’s blinking points to printer issues.
It means that your HP printer is unable to communicate with your PC. It can also mean that there’s a problem with either the paper inside the device or the wireless connection it’s using. If this light blinks rapidly, it implies an error with the printer firmware. Thus, it’s necessary to examine the printer closely.
This article will lay down different causes for this issue and how to fix it.
Troubleshooting the HP Printer Blinking Orange Light
Use these fixes to eliminate this blinking orange light problem.
1. Examine the ink levels.
You should find out whether there are adequate ink levels in the printer and replace depleted cartridges.
- Open the cover of the device and find the cartridges.
- Take out the used cartridges and substitute them with new ones.
- Now close the cover of the device and hit ‘OK.’
- You should also take out cartridges low in ink and refill them.
- Then install them again and check if the orange light still blinks.
2. Figure whether there is a paper jam.
Paper jams are very common in HP printers. They are also one of the main causes of orange light on HP printer. To resolve the hp printer paper jam issue, pull paper from the printing device.
After that, restart your printer. Give a test print command. If you find paper getting stuck more often, take out the entire set of papers and reinsert another bunch of them.
While doing so, check that the papers are free of wrinkles or folds. Also, inspect their quality.
After you are sure of these things, hit the ‘Resume’ button. You won’t find the orange light blinking.
3. Power reset your HP printing device.
A power reset is a simple yet effective fix when you are not sure about the exact cause. So, if you are totally clueless about your HP printer flashing orange light, power reset the device. Here are the steps for it.
- Firstly, switch off your HP printer.
- Now, remove the ink cartridges. Be very careful while removing them.
- Now, check if there are any cables or peripherals linked to your printer.
- Remove these cables.
- After all the power sources are disconnected, hit the ‘Power’ button.
- Hit it for a few seconds.
- This will discharge the capacitors.
- Once this has been done, connect the peripherals to the printer.
- Plug back the power cable.
Now, start the printer and try to print.
4. Clean the print head manually.
You may also try clean hp printer head if the measures explained till now do not give you results. The print head cleaning process can be done using hands through these steps.
- Firstly, turn off your HP printer.
- After that, take away its top cover.
- Now, take out the print head.
- Use a soft and damp cloth to clean this component of the printer.
- After you’ve cleaned the print head, reinstall it.
- Reinstall the top cover as well.
- In the end, reset your HP printer using the steps in the previous section.
- Check if the orange light blinks on your device.
5. Connect to the HP printer again.
Reconnecting back to your printer can help you fix this issue. So, if you still notice your HP printer blinking orange light, use these steps to reconnect to the device.
- Launch ‘Settings’ and navigate to ‘Bluetooth & Devices.’
- Here, tap ‘Printers & Scanners.’
- Select the problematic HP printer from the list and tap the ‘Remove’ button.
- Confirm the change by clicking ‘Yes.’
- Head back to ‘Printers & Scanners.’
- Here, tap ‘Add device.’
- Choose your HP printer.
- Now abide by the directions on your screen to finish these tasks.
6. Use the printer trouble-shooter.
The printer trouble-shooter helps fix various printer issues. Here’s a simple process to run this tool.
- Right-tap the Windows ‘Start’ button and choose ‘Settings.’
- Head to ‘System’ and select ‘Troubleshoot.’
- Now choose the ‘Other trouble-shooters’ option.
- Tap ‘Run’ to let the printer trouble-shooter detect and fix the problem.
Also Read:-hp printer problems ink system failure
7. Update the printer’s drivers.
If you still find the orange light on HP printer, updating the drivers can help. Visit support.hp.com to download the latest printer drivers. Most users have found that installing the printer drivers has fixed the problem for them.
Also Read:-hp printer driver installation failed
You may find the HP printer blinking orange light because of low ink levels, paper jams or loose cables. These fixes address all the probable causes so you can troubleshoot the issue quickly. But if you cannot, feel free to contact a printer expert.