HP Print and Scan Doctor is a free printers/scanner diagnostic tool for windows PC. It helps in solving the most common printing as well as scanning problems in HP printers and scanners. This tool or software works in almost all windows version can be very accommodating as a first involvement when your printer fails to print. If you also want to take benefit of this tool, then you have to install it on your PC.
Although installing this tool is very easy, you just need to go to HP Print and Scan doctor page and click on the download link. When the downloading completes, simply double click on it to install it in your PC and start using it to kill your HP printer related issues. Here, we are discussing some common issues that can be fixed by HP print and scan doctor.
Download and Install HP Print and Scan Doctor For Windows
The HP Print and Scan Doctor software can be installed on computers running on Windows 7, Windows 8, 8.1 and Windows 10. Therefore, if your system runs any of these Windows, you can frequently download such tool. Take a brief look at below steps and start following them as directed:
- First of all visit the link https://support.hp.com/us-en/topic/printscandoctor
- Then, tap “Download Now” button display on the right side of the home page
- Click “Yes” to confirm if prompted, the download will start automatically
- Next, give double click on the downloaded file, and if asked click “Run” and then when the screen turns dark, tap “Yes”
- Now HP software will start installing, click “Accept” to continue installation
- The HP Scan and Print Doctor for windows will now scan and fix the errors or issues with the installation of your printer, click “Start”
- Windows will now search for products and will then list the printer that are linked with the system
- Now select your printer and press “Next” button
- But in case your printer is not listed, don’t get panic, simply restart your printer and click “Retry” tab and if there is connection problem, go through the guidelines in the tool
- Depending on the problem, click either “Fix Printing” or “Fix Scanning”
- Doing so, test results are displayed with icons:
- A checkmark means that your printer passed
- A wrench symbol means a problem was detected and resolved
- An exclamation mark means a test failed and was skipped
- An “X” symbol means the printer has a problem. Follow the given instructions to fix it
Fix Following Problems using HP Print and Scan Doctor
- Printer Offline
- Print job stuck in Queue or other printing problems
Resolve Printer Offline Problem using HP Scan Doctor
- Start downloading HP Print and scan doctor.
- Locate the downloaded file on your computer and run HPPSdr.exe.
- When HP printer and scan doctor is open click on start and then you have to choose your printer.
- If your desired printer is not listed, then turn it on and tap on Retry.
- If there is a connection problem, then make sure to connect your printer properly.
- When prompted to turn on printer updates, simply click on yes and continue.
- When screen displays to make your printer default printer in a prompted message, click yes and continue for further steps.
- By doing so, you will see your HP printer is come back to online state and you can continue printing with it.
Fix Print jobs stuck in queue Using HP Print and Scan Doctor
- Download HP print and scan doctor and when the download completes, go to HPPSdr.exe from the download location on your computer and double click on it.
- Open HP print and scan doctor, tap on start and then select your printer.
- In order to fix printing issues, simply click on fix printing.
- The tool will automatically start the identifying issues which preventing printer from printing.
- After identifying, this tool will ask you to remove the issues or not.
Also Read: HP Solution Center
The HP print doctor is indeed a robust utility that helps in simplifying numerous other HP printers’ related tasks too. So, whenever you face any issue regarding your HP printer than make use of this tool to get rid of your entire issues.