HP printers are famous for its high-end quality features. But sometimes user face HP printer is offline when the document is clearly on and ready to print. Such a hurdle can be caused due to communication error between your PC and printer. However a printer appearing an issue as “Offline” can be down to problems with your printers’ driver or software which is a little more difficult to eradicate.
How to set HP printer online?
In order to make a printer online from offline, it is needed to have a network connection. In some cases, there is a hard line Ethernet connection to the internet which can be used but many printers also offer WI-FI as a network connection option. Setting up the HP printer is however simple for a single computer, but an encrypted and secure network requires more effort to make the printer online. You may take desired solution from our expert team member who is working hard on HP Support. You only need to avail this service at the comfort from your home.
Remedy To Fix HP Printer is offline issue
Keep your eyes feast on the below points where you will get the solutions when HP printer says offline while printing.
Check Your Printer Device Physically When HP Printer says offline
- Make sure the both ends of USB cable are firmly inserted
- Try the end of the cable in different ports
- If you have another USB cable, then insert this in between your printer and computer
HP Printer keeps going offline, Set it to Online Manually
- Click on the “Start” icon
- Click on “Control Panel”
- Select “Devices and Printers”
- Right click in the question part and then select “See what’s printing”
- Choose “Printer” from the top of the page
- Click “Use Printer Online” button from the drop down menu
Apply Given Steps to Fix HP Printer is offline error
- Switch off your printer, wait for few minutes and reboot it.
- Ensure that your device is properly connected with your printer.
- The back light of printers should be green that shows your printer is properly connected to your device.
- Login with an account, which have the access to printer. So that, you can easily manage printer’s settings.
- You need to keep your printer’s drivers up-to-date by downloading them from the official website.
Aside from the above-stated procedures, one can use troubleshooting methods to eliminate the issues which are avoiding your printer to make connection with your device.
- Make use of the in-built troubleshooter available in your computing device. Simply look for troubleshooter in the search box and then click on it to start the troubleshooting process.
- Now, you need to select “use a printer” from the hardware and sound option.
- After that, go after the prompts and allow it to fix the issues that are causing any error. Moreover, troubleshooting also guide you to fix other related errors within your printer too.
If you try to make your offline printer to online when hp printer keeps going offline then above steps realy helps you. But unfortunately such an effective solution is not beneficial for you; make an instant call at HP Printer Support Number. One of our team leaders will assist you.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How Do I Get My HP Printer From Offline To Online?
Check out the Process:
- First, go to the start menu and then navigate to the ‘Control Panel’ option.
- Now, you need to search and click on the ‘Devices and Printers’ option.
- After completing it, you should choose the ‘See what’s printing’ option after selecting the ‘Printer Offline’ option.
- Now, you will have to click on the ‘Use Printer Offline’ option to the tick the checkmark.
By following these steps, you can easily get your HP printer offline to online, in an effortless manner.
Why Is My Printer Showing Offline?
There are several problems which might be the reasons behind the occurrence of the offline error on the printer. In order to avoid getting the same errors, you should first check out the USB capable. Make sure, it is properly connecting the printer and computer in a hassle free manner. If the same problem is still taking place, you should consider using different port. Moreover, you can also take the help directly from the professionals who will help you out regarding the same.
How Do You Fix A Printer That Is Offline?
Below are the steps that you need to execute to fix offline problems:
- On your first step, you need to go to the ‘Start’ menu.
- Choose the ‘Control Panel’ option.
- Navigate to the ‘Devices and Printers’ option.
- Select the ‘See what’s printing’ option.
- Choose the ‘Printer’ and then click on the ‘Use Printer Online’ option.
It will change the status from the offline to online. In case of any kind of problems, you can easily opt for the assistance directly from the professionals.
How Do I Change My Printer From Offline To Online In Windows 10?
Have a glance at the process and implement step by step:
- Click on Windows 10 Start button on your very first step.
- Navigate to the ‘Device Manager’ option.
- Right-click on the Offline Printer which is available the ‘Devices and Printers’ screen.
- Click on the ‘See What’s Printing’ option.
- Untick the checkmark from the Use Printer Offline.
By implementing these steps, you can change the printer from offline to online at anytime.
Why Does My Printer Keep Saying Its Offline?
A problem with the hard can be a common reason when your printer starts saying offline. Apart from that, communication hurdles between your printer and your computer system can also lead to come across offline error. Here, resolving connection error will change the status from the offline to online state of the printer. Moreover, you should also check available updates for the genuine drivers and software of the printer. Besides, if you’re still running into same kind of problems, you should quickly get the apt solution from the experts.
Why My Wireless Printer Is Offline?
Most of the time, users confront offline problems that their printer keep going to offline state while you are ready to print. Communication error between your printer and your computer system plays an essential role in such a critical situation. However, the problems with the driver or software of your printer can also be a common reason. You can easily get rid of such hurdles by just paying little attention to your printer. You should consider updating the printer’s drivers and software to avoid getting the same problems.
How Do I Stop My HP Printer From Going Offline?
For that, you need to follow the below-mentioned steps carefully:
- First, you should go to the ‘Start’ menu by pressing the windows key on the keyboard.
- Then, you should select the control panel available left side of the screen.
- After that, you will have to click on the ‘Devices and Printers’ option.
- An option says ‘See what’s printing’ option appears on the printer menu.
- Click on it and then select the ‘Printer’ from the list.
- Now, you should check the tick mark next to the ‘Use Printer Online’ option.
Why Does My HP Printer Go Offline?
Are you one of those HP printer users whose printing machine is frequently going offline? Do you want to be the exact reasons behind the arrival of the offline errors? If your printer is going offline, it means your device is not able to communicate with the HP printer. However, there are number of reasons which will lead the occurrence of the same hurdles. One of the most common reasons is connection that you need to make sure whether it is stable or not. You should check the USB and if anything is wrong, try using different port.