HP printer is being preferred by many users because of its high quality printing solution and affordable rate. It is available in the market in customer’s budget. But being a machinery device, software or hardware problems can be arisen anytime. One most common error mostly users have confronted during print job is HP Printer Offline. There are various reasons for the occurrence of such a printer offline problem. It can be caused by either connectivity issue or printer’s status set as “Offline” in operating system. However, you are not the only person who is suffering from this problematic situation as there are many other users too who face this kind of problem. So, don’t worry! Just read the blog-post to learn the effectual solutions.
Steps To Fix HP Printer Offline on Windows
Check-out the troubleshooting guidelines listed below and follow them one-by-one:
Step 1: Check Connectivity by Using HP Printer and Scan Doctor
Due to connection error, your printer says offline and doesn’t allow you to print. Therefore, first you need to check the connectivity with the use of HP Printer and Scan Doctor tool. Here is the ways to download this tool and check the connection:
- Download HP Printer and Scan Doctor on your PC
- Run ‘HPPSdr.exe’ file to install it
- Once HP Print and Scan Doctor opens, click Start, and then select your printer
- If a message “turn on printer updates” prompts on the screen, click “Yes”
- If a screen prompts you to make your printer the default printer, tap “Yes”
- Try to print
If yet HP Printer Offline, continue to the next step.
Step 2: Set the Default Printer Manually
- Set Your Default Printer in Windows 10
- Search Windows for devices, and then click “Printers & scanners” from the given list
- If the check-box beside “Let Windows manage my default printer” is checked, make it uncheck immediately by clicking on the box
- From the list of printers, click the printer name that matches the name of your printer, and then click “Manage”
- Under “Manage your device” section, click “Set as default”
- Now, try to print and check whether the HP Printer Offline is converted into Online or not
- Set Your Default Printer In Windows 8, 7
- Search Windows for devices, and then click “Devices and Printers” from the list of results
- Right-click on the name of the HP printer that is active, and then select “Set as Default printer”
- Try to print now
If the printer remains offline, continue to the next step.
Step 3: Check the Printer Port and the Status of Window Services
If your HP printer uses a WSD port, check the status of Windows Function Discovery services, and then add a TCP/IP port if required. Follow the given instructions:
- Open Control Panel, and then select the “Devices and Printers” option
- Right-click on your printer, choose “Printer Properties” option and then click on “Ports” tab
- Check if your printer uses a WSD port
- If your printer does not use a WSD port, skip to the next step noted in this page
- If your printer uses a WSD port, continue following the given lines
- Search Windows for ‘Services’ to open the Services list
- Scroll down the list to locate “Function Discovery Provider Host” and “Function Discovery Resource Publication”, and then check the Status and Startup Type columns
- If both the services are ‘Running’ and the Startup Type is ‘Automatic’, continue to the next step
- If the status of the services is blank and the Startup Type is ‘Manual’, right click the name, select “Properties”, set the Startup Type to Automatic, and then click Start under Service status
- Click OK, and then continue to the next step
- Come back to the “Devices and Printers” window, press F5 key, and then click your printer name to check the status
- If your printer is now showing online, the, it’s great! The issue has solved
- But, if still your HP Printer Offline, continue with these steps
- Print a “Network Configuration Report” from the printer Settings or Wireless menu
- Right-click on your printer, select Printer Properties, click on Ports tab and then click “Add Port”
- Select “Standard TCP/IP Port” from the menu, and then click “New Port”
- Follow the on-screen instructions to add a new port
- Again get back to the Devices and Printers section, press F5 key, and then click your printer name to view the printer status
- If your printer is no longer offline, the issue is solved
- If your printer is still offline, go ahead to the next step
Step 4: Generate a Manual IP Connection
To manually connect to your printer, you must use the printer IP address. Here are the steps for this:
- First, print a Network Configuration Page
- On the Network Configuration Page, find the network status for your network connection type
- Next, Find the IP Address, Subnet mask and Default Gateway for your network connection type
- Find the URL(s) for the Embedded Web Server (EWS)
- Once you find the specific URL, open a web browser on your network connected PC, type such URL into the address bar, and then hit “Enter” key to open the printer’s EWS
- In the EWS home page, click the “Network” or “Networking” tab, open the Wired or Wireless menu, depending on your network, and then tap IPv4 Configuration
- Select Manual IP, click Suggest a Manual IP Address, and then make sure the IP Address, Subnet Mask, and Default Gateway numbers match the Network Configuration Page
- Note-down the IP address on a piece of paper as it can be further used
- Click “Apply”, and then wait until the changes have been made
- Return to the Devices and Printers window, press F5 key, and then click your printer name to view the printer status
If your HP Printer remains Offline, continue to the next step.
Step 5: Connect the PC to a TCP/IP Port
After configuring the IP address manually, add a printer port to Windows that matches this new IP address. To do this, follow the given points:
- Go to the Control Panel, search for “Printers & scanners” and open it on Windows
- Click the name of your printer, and then select “Manage”
- Click “Printer Properties”
- Click the “Ports” tab, and then click on “Add Port”
- Select “Standard TCP/IP Port”, and then click “New Port”
- Type the printer’s IP address that you wrote down earlier, and then tap “Next”
- Select the new Standard TCP/IP Port from the list, and then press “OK”
- Try to print to check whether your printer offline is changed into Online
Obtain Reliable and Cost-Effective Online HP Printer Support for Help
Are you unable to bring your printer online from Offline? Don’t understand why is my HP printer is offline and how to fix this problem? If really not, be calm! We have technical team for offering the world-class remedy of your printer related problem. So, without any confusion make an instant call at helpline number to get effective HP Printer Support online by sitting at your home. In a quick, your offline printer will become online and can printer without any disturbance.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How Do I Get My HP Printer From Offline To Online?
Check out the Process:
- First, go to the start menu and then navigate to the ‘Control Panel’ option.
- Now, you need to search and click on the ‘Devices and Printers’ option.
- After completing it, you should choose the ‘See what’s printing’ option after selecting the ‘Printer Offline’ option.
- Now, you will have to click on the ‘Use Printer Offline’ option to the tick the checkmark.
By following these steps, you can easily get your HP printer offline to online, in an effortless manner.
Why Is My Printer Showing Offline?
There are several problems which might be the reasons behind the occurrence of the offline error on the printer. In order to avoid getting the same errors, you should first check out the USB capable. Make sure, it is properly connecting the printer and computer in a hassle free manner. If the same problem is still taking place, you should consider using different port. Moreover, you can also take the help directly from the professionals who will help you out regarding the same.
How Do You Fix A Printer That Is Offline?
Below are the steps that you need to execute to fix offline problems:
- On your first step, you need to go to the ‘Start’ menu.
- Choose the ‘Control Panel’ option.
- Navigate to the ‘Devices and Printers’ option.
- Select the ‘See what’s printing’ option.
- Choose the ‘Printer’ and then click on the ‘Use Printer Online’ option.
It will change the status from the offline to online. In case of any kind of problems, you can easily opt for the assistance directly from the professionals.
How Do I Change My Printer From Offline To Online In Windows 10?
Have a glance at the process and implement step by step:
- Click on Windows 10 Start button on your very first step.
- Navigate to the ‘Device Manager’ option.
- Right-click on the Offline Printer which is available the ‘Devices and Printers’ screen.
- Click on the ‘See What’s Printing’ option.
- Untick the checkmark from the Use Printer Offline.
By implementing these steps, you can change the printer from offline to online at anytime.
Why Does My Printer Keep Saying Its Offline?
A problem with the hard can be a common reason when your printer starts saying offline. Apart from that, communication hurdles between your printer and your computer system can also lead to come across offline error. Here, resolving connection error will change the status from the offline to online state of the printer. Moreover, you should also check available updates for the genuine drivers and software of the printer. Besides, if you’re still running into same kind of problems, you should quickly get the apt solution from the experts.
Why My Wireless Printer Is Offline?
Most of the time, users confront offline problems that their printer keep going to offline state while you are ready to print. Communication error between your printer and your computer system plays an essential role in such a critical situation. However, the problems with the driver or software of your printer can also be a common reason. You can easily get rid of such hurdles by just paying little attention to your printer. You should consider updating the printer’s drivers and software to avoid getting the same problems.
How Do I Stop My HP Printer From Going Offline?
For that, you need to follow the below-mentioned steps carefully:
- First, you should go to the ‘Start’ menu by pressing the windows key on the keyboard.
- Then, you should select the control panel available left side of the screen.
- After that, you will have to click on the ‘Devices and Printers’ option.
- An option says ‘See what’s printing’ option appears on the printer menu.
- Click on it and then select the ‘Printer’ from the list.
- Now, you should check the tick mark next to the ‘Use Printer Online’ option.
Why Does My HP Printer Go Offline?
Are you one of those HP printer users whose printing machine is frequently going offline? Do you want to be the exact reasons behind the arrival of the offline errors? If your printer is going offline, it means your device is not able to communicate with the HP printer. However, there are number of reasons which will lead the occurrence of the same hurdles. One of the most common reasons is connection that you need to make sure whether it is stable or not. You should check the USB and if anything is wrong, try using different port.