HP printer is being preferred by many users because of its high-quality printing solution and affordable rate. It is available in the market in the customer’s budget. HP printer offline issue can be caused by either connectivity issue or printer’s status set as “Offline” in the operating system.
There are various reasons for the occurrence of printer offline problems. However, you are not the only person who is suffering from this problematic situation as there are many other users too who face printer says offline problems. So, don’t worry! Just read the blog post to learn the effective solutions.
Why is My HP Printer Offline?
- Use of faulty USB cable or poor source of power.
- Slow network connection.
- Both the devices, the system, and the printer are connected to different networks or Wi-Fi.
- Use of outdated/ corrupt printer drivers.
- Windows settings are inappropriate.
- Faulty printer settings. Your printer is set to operate in Offline mode.
Also Read HP Printer Offline Mac
Fix HP Printer Offline Problem on Windows
Check out the troubleshooting guidelines listed below and follow them one by one:
Method 1: Check Connectivity by Using HP Printer and Scan Doctor
Due to a connection error, your HP printer says offline and doesn’t allow you to print. Therefore, first, you need to check the connectivity with the use of the HP Printer and Scan Doctor tool. Here are the ways to download this tool and check the connection:
- Download HP Printer and Scan Doctor on your PC.
- Run the ‘HPPSdr.exe’ file to install it.
- Once HP Print and Scan Doctor opens, click Start, and then select your printer.
- If a message “turn on printer updates” prompts on the screen, click “Yes”.
- Whether a screen prompts you to make your printer the default printer, tap “Yes”.
- Try to print.
If yet HP Printer is Offline, continue to the next step.
Method 2: Make Sure your Printer is not Set to Offline
- Click on ‘Start’ and go to ‘Devices and Printers’.
- Now you will get a list of printer devices.
- Right-click on the printer and uncheck the “Use Printer Offline” option.
- After unchecking the option, your printer will be in online mode.
Method 3: Set the Default Printer Manually
- Go to the control panel by pressing Windows + R and typing there ‘Control Panel’ and hit ‘OK’.
- ‘Devices and Printers’.
- Next, you will get a list of printers, right-click on the printer and select “Set as a default printer”.
- After setting the default printer, your printer offline problem might be resolved.
If the printer still showing offline, continue to the next step.
Method 4: Generate a Manual IP Connection
To manually connect to your printer, you must use the printer’s IP address. Here are the steps for this:
- First, print a Network Configuration Page
- On the Network Configuration Page, find the network status for your network connection type
- Next, find the IP Address, Subnet Mask, and Default Gateway for your network connection type
- Find the URL(s) for the Embedded Web Server (EWS)
- Once you find the specific URL, open a web browser on your network-connected PC, type such URL into the address bar, and then hit the “Enter” key to open the printer’s EWS
- On the EWS home page, click the “Network” or “Networking” tab, open the Wired or Wireless menu, depending on your network, and then tap IPv4 Configuration
- Select Manual IP, click Suggest a Manual IP Address, and then make sure the IP Address, Subnet Mask, and Default Gateway numbers match the Network Configuration Page
- Note down the IP address on a piece of paper as it can be further used
- Click “Apply”, and then wait until the changes have been made
- Return to the Devices and Printers window, press the F5 key, and then click your printer name to view the printer status
If your HP Printer remains Offline, continue to the next step.
Method 5: Connect the PC to a TCP/IP Port
After configuring the IP address manually, add a printer port to Windows that matches this new IP address. To do this, follow the given points:
- Go to the Control Panel, search for “Printers & scanners” and open it on Windows
- Click the name of your printer, and then select “Manage”
- Select “Printer Properties”
- Push the “Ports” tab, and then click on “Add Port”
- Select “Standard TCP/IP Port”, and then click “New Port”
- Type the printer’s IP address that you wrote down earlier, and then tap “Next”
- Select the new Standard TCP/IP Port from the list, and then press “OK”
- Try to print to check whether your printer offline is changed into Online
Also Read HP Printer Offline Windows 10
Steps to Get HP Printer Online Back From Offline On Mac
If the printer is not physically attached to your Mac or there is a network connectivity issue, your HP printer may show offline when attempting to print. In that situation, what you should actually do is to re-established a connection to your Mac in well-manner and verify that the printer driver and software are installed in Mac OS correctly.
Once you are confirmed with that, you can get back to printing customer invoices or documents without any hindrances. But if yet HP Printer goes Offline error message, look at the glance on the below-given statements:
Method 1: Basic Troubleshooting Sequence
In order to get your printer online back effectively, let’s begin with the basic troubleshooting sequence mentioned underneath:
- First and foremost, you are suggested to check all of the cable connections established between your printer and the network router or Mac computer. Make sure none of the cables are defective and loosely connected and also ensure that the printer is powered on.
- Check the input tray for any paper jam and less paper inserted. Make sure there is enough paper seated in the paper tray and the paper is aligned properly in the printer. If you see a “Low Ink” message on the printer display screen, replace the ink cartridges immediately.
- Next, you have to install the updates if available. To install the updates, give a click on the “Apple” menu and select the “Software Update” option.
- Click the “Apple” menu and select “Restart” from the drop-down menu once the installation process gets completed
- Select “System Preferences” in the Dock and select “Print & Scan.” Double-tap on your printer from the Printer list if a yellow light appears next to the printer’s name. Click “Resume”.
- Open a document that you want to take a printout, attempt to print the document by pressing the “Ctrl+P” keys simultaneously. Now, click the “Change” button and choose your printer from the given list. In the end, tap the “Print” tab
In case, your printer remains offline, then despite wagging-off reset the printing system and add the printer again appropriately. Let’s perform this without any delay!
Method 2: Reset Printer System
Here are the guidelines you have to go through step-wise correctly to reset your printer more efficiently:
- Click the “Apple” menu and choose “System Preferences” from the drop-down menu
- Select the “Print & Scan” tab
- Press the “Ctrl” key and right-click all together in the Printer list. Select the “Reset Printing System” option
- Select the “+” button to start adding your printer. Now, select your printer if it is listed in the menu, otherwise click the “Add Printer or Scanner” tab. Select your printer from the list and click the “Add” button. Wait for the printer to download and install and then start using your printer again without any hassle
This way you can fix the HP Printer Offline issue on your MacOS as well and hence print anything.
Also Read: Google cloud print printer offline
24X4 Online HP Printer Support
Are you unable to bring your printer online from Offline? Don’t understand why is my HP printer is offline and how to fix this problem? If really not, be calm! We have a technical team for offering a world-class remedy for your printer-related problem. So, without any confusion make an instant call at the helpline number to get effective HP Printer Support online by sitting at your home. In a quick, your offline printer will become online and can printer without any disturbance.