What is a WPS Pin?
WPS Pin stands for “Wi-Fi Protected Setup” and it is 8 digit pin number. It is used to setup connection between a wireless router and wireless printer device. You can locate WPS Pin on the LED screen of HP printer which is encrypted with the WPA and WPA 2 personal security protocols. On some devices the PIN has to be read from either a sticker or display on the new wireless device. You need to find WPS Pin on HP printer to establish a connection with other device. This technology of the HP printer can be used by just connecting your wireless printer with the help of WPS PIN code to your personal device either through wired network or through your wireless router and print documents easily. You can establish connection by taking HP Printer Support assistance from the qualified techies. You will meet that person only when you call on our provided helpline number.
If you have successfully installed HP printer drivers on your computer and your printer is asking for “WPS Pin” for wireless connection, then you have to read out this blog as simple steps are mentioned here. Getting the WPS PIN on HP printer is quite tough for almost every user. Therefore, you may also come across difficulties while setting up the network connection. Apart from this, you can learn the genuine way how to install HP printer to proceed on WPS PIN to follow up the restricted guidance note down on 123.hp.com/setup facility.
How to Find WPS Pin on HP Printer?
Basically there are two types of WPS connections in HP Printers. One is WPS Button and another one is WPS PIN. Therefore, you can connect your HP printer to your operating device with these two options. Do it by following the below methods.
Connecting HP Printer Using WPS Button
- Go to control panel of HP printer and then press the Wireless or Setting Button
- Select the option “Wi-Fi Protected Setup” and follow the on-screen instructions display on the printer
- Next, you should do is to select “WPS Button” option. After doing this, printer will ask you to press the WPS button the wireless router
- Once you Press the WPS button on the router, go to your printer and press continue for wireless connection
- Now Connection will be established and your printer will ready to print
Connecting HP Printer Using WPS PIN
- Go to control panel of HP printer and then press the Wireless button> Settings button
- Touch the Wi-Fi Protected Setup and then follow onscreen prompts
- Now you are prompted to WPS PIN, hit on Pin number. After that WPS PIN will display on the screen
- Next, you have to access configuration utility or software for the wireless router or wireless access point. And then enter WPS PIN code in the required field
- Once the setup is done, you can install network printer driver by opening printer’s HP folder in All Programs> Printer Setup & Software. After that, choose the option “Connect a new printer”
How to Use WPS PIN to Connect Your Scanner to a Network?
- First and foremost, open the input tray on your scanner
- Next, press and hold the Wi-Fi ON/OFF button and Wi-Fi Connect button all together on the scanner for a while
- Then, after a couple of seconds the Wi-Fi on/off light flashes blue, release both the button
- After that, enter the PIN code “01234565” on the wireless router or access point within two minutes
- The Wi-Fi on/off and AP mode lights flash consecutively while establishing the connection
- Once theWi-Fi on/off light on the scanner stays on, the scanner hasfinally connected to the network. You are good to go with your work!
Still need support for HP printer? If yes, then contact experts via HP Live Chat and get united with the technical engineers. They will proffer you easiest possible steps to complete this process.