The drivers are the main part of PC, printer and other digital electronic devices. If the drivers of device are not working or corrupted then your device may stops working. When you encounter an error stating that HP printer driver is unavailable on Windows 10, you need to recover it instantly. So, to deal with this problem, perform the given mentioned steps. HP Envy Printer Driver is also very important for envy series printer users. The absent of printer drivers may create big problem with the printer.
Try These Fixes for HP printer driver is unavailable
- Reinstall your printer driver
- Install all available Windows updates
Reinstall your printer driver
A corrupt or mismatched driver is the most probable cause of the HP printer driver is unavailable error. It is also the coolest problem to fix. You just need to uninstall your current driver, then install the most updated correct driver. Here is the step how to do so.
- Press the Windows logo key and R together on your keyboard to raise the Run box.
- Write devmgmt.msc and hit the OK option.
- Search your printer and right-click on it. After that, click on the “Uninstall device” option.
- Hit the “Uninstall” option if you are asked to confirm it.
- Try to Download and install Driver Easy. It will automatically identify your system, and search and install the accurate printer driver for it, along with any other drivers that need to update.
- Execute Driver Easy and after that, click on the “Scan Now” option. Driver Easy will then examine your computer and sense any problem drivers.
- Click on the “Update All” option to automatically download and install the right version of all the drivers that are missing or out dated on your system. You require the Pro version of Driver Easy to do this. No need to worry, it comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so in case you don’t like it, you can get a full repayment, no questions will be asked for that. Otherwise, if you want to do manual installing drivers, you can hit the ‘Update’ option which is next to your printer in the free version to automatically download the right driver. Once it is downloaded, you can manually install it.
- Resume your computer and print a file to check whether your printer works or not. If it does, then good, you have fixed your problem. If it does not, proceed further with the next step.
Install all the available Windows updates
If it is been a while since you updated your Windows, that is the main reason why Windows says your HP printer driver is unavailable. Here are the steps how to do a Windows Update to install all accessible operating system update.
- Move down to Windows 10 instructions
- Move down to Windows 7 instructions
Steps to install updates on Windows 10
If you are accessing Windows 10, then these steps are for you.
- Hit the Start menu and write update. After that, click on the “Check for updates” option.
- Tap on the “Check for updates” option.
- After clicking on that option, Windows will install the updates automatically.
- When Windows completes all its updates, start your computer again and attempt to print a file to check if your printer works.
Steps to install updates on Windows 7
If you are accessing Windows 7, then try these steps.
- Tap on the Start button, write update in the search box and hit on the “Check for updates” option.
- Click on the “Check for updates” option.
- Hit the “Install updates” option.
- When Windows has installed all its updates, start your computer again and go for print a file to check if your printer works.
So, these are the easiest steps to get rid of this problem. In case, you want technical support, our expert will be available on HP Online Chat. You can connect with them. They will sort out HP printer driver is unavailable error easily. You can chat with them anytime or Visit for more information 123.hp.com/setup
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What does it mean when the driver is unavailable on the printer?
When your computer shows the notification of Driver is unavailable it means that your printer will not print. The error “Printer driver is unavailable” indicates that either your printer is outdated or not compatible. Sometimes it also means that the driver of the printer is corrupt and the computer will not be able to recognize it.
If you wish to correct this error, then you have to undertake some steps and have to re-install your printer drivers.
How do I make my printer driver available?
Printer errors such as windows failed to recognize the new downloaded printer drivers and software, which is the common one. This happens especially when you try to install a new printer or try to connect it with the computer.
In such cases, either printer driver was not installed properly or maybe your printer drivers are outdated. Fortunately, the problem has easy solutions to try to get rid of the error. You need to reinstall your printer drivers once again.
How do I install the HP printer driver?
Hp printer drivers are very necessary for getting print outs. So if you want to install the printer drivers then follow the below steps.
- Go to 123hp.com/setup and select your printer
- Download the printer driver
- And, open the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions to install the printer HP printer driver.
- When the HP printer drivers are successfully installed, now you need to hit the Finish button.
Your printer drivers are ready and now you can use your HP printer to get the printouts.
How do I update my printer driver Windows 10?
To update the printer drivers for Windows 10 comprise of few steps that every user needs to follow.
Check your Windows 10 the update must be available in your device to download and install. You can select your time to carry on the process later. You will need to restart your device and complete the installation process.
To manually check the printer driver update in Windows 10 you need to click on Start, then choose Settings >> Update & Settings >> Windows Update.
How do I fix driver unavailable?
After the download of the printer driver, when users start the installation process, Printer Driver Unavailable error may occur. This error generally occurs because of the incomplete or interrupted installation of the printer driver. Sometimes driver unavailable error may occur because of the corrupt drivers.
To fix the printer driver user needs to reinstall the printer driver and follow the on-screen instructions to rectify the issue. Go printer driver setup page and select your printer model and with respect to that download and install printer drivers. This will fix your driver unavailable error.
How do I update my printer driver?
To update your printer driver either you can check manually on your devices by landing on Printer Update and Settings, or you can go to printer setup page to check if there is any update for your printer device.
For updating manually follow the below step:
Click on Start, then choose Settings >> Update & Settings >> Windows Update.
Why is my HP printer driver unavailable?
When you get the popup message on your device that your printer driver is unavailable, it means
- You have downloaded wrong printer drivers,
- Maybe your printer is not supporting the downloaded drivers,
- Drivers are corrupt, or
- Your computer is not supporting the printer driver.
To rectify this “printer driver unavailable” error, you need to follow a few steps, such as reinstallation process.
Why does it say the driver is unavailable for my printer?
Is your computer says driver unavailable for the printer? Well, in this case maybe your printer drivers and software are not downloaded completely. Sometimes this error also happens when the user interrupts the installation process before it gets finished, or when the user has not downloaded the right driver.
At times computers also deny supporting the driver because of Windows update. After Windows update computer denies accepting previously downloaded drivers. So, in this case, users have to reinstall printer drivers.
What do I do when my HP printer driver is unavailable?
When you get HP printer driver unavailable issue, to rectify this technical glitch either you can take the help of professionals or perform few troubleshooting steps.
- You can check your connection, wires, and USB.
- Check if you have downloaded the correct printer driver or not.
- Never interrupt the process while going on the installation process.
- Reinstall the required printer drivers.
What is a driver for a printer?
The driver is very essential for a printer. When a new printer user bought a printer and connected it well with the computer, but not installed required drivers. Then the user won’t be able to get the prints. In computer printer driver is the software which converts the data to be printed in such a format that the printer can understand.
There is a very clear purpose of having a printer driver is to allow each application to do printing job.
Without a printer, you cannot print, because if a printer is a body then Driver is the soul. So make sure to have the required printer drivers and software in your device before you give any printing command.