If “printer driver is unavailable” that means the driver installed against your printer outdated or either not compatible. Sometimes a missing or corrupted printer driver is the most probable reason behind the problem. When the computer fails to recognize the printer driver then you may also face printer driver unavailable error message. The drivers are the main part of PC, printer and other digital electronic devices. If the drivers of device are not working or corrupted then your device may stops working. When you encounter an error stating that HP printer driver is unavailable on Windows 10, you need to recover it instantly. So, to deal with this problem, perform the given mentioned steps. HP Envy Printer Driver is also very important for envy series printer users. The absent of printer drivers may create big problem with the printer.
Try These Fixes for HP printer driver is unavailable
- Reinstall your printer driver
- Install all available Windows updates
Reinstall your printer driver
A corrupt or mismatched driver is the most probable cause of the HP printer driver is unavailable error. You just need to uninstall your current printer driver, then install the most updated correct driver to fix “Printer driver unavailable” error on HP printer. Here is the step how to do so.
- Press the Windows logo key and R together on your keyboard to raise the Run box.
- Write devmgmt.msc and hit the OK option.
- Search your printer and right-click on it. After that, click on the “Uninstall device” option.
- Hit the “Uninstall” option if you are asked to confirm it.
- Try to Download and install Driver Easy. It will automatically identify your system, and search and install the accurate printer driver for it, along with any other drivers that need to update.
- Execute Driver Easy and after that, click on the “Scan Now” option. Driver Easy will then examine your computer and sense any problem drivers.
- Click on the “Update All” option to automatically download and install the right version of all the drivers that are missing or out dated on your system. You require the Pro version of Driver Easy to do this. No need to worry, it comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so in case you don’t like it, you can get a full repayment, no questions will be asked for that. Otherwise, if you want to do manual installing drivers, you can hit the ‘Update’ option which is next to your printer in the free version to automatically download the right driver. Once it is downloaded, you can manually install it.
- Resume your computer and print a file to check whether your printer works or not. If it does, then good, you have fixed your problem. If it does not, proceed further with the next step.
Install all the Available Windows Updates
If it is been a while since you updated your Windows, that is the main reason why Windows says your HP printer driver is unavailable. Here are the steps how to do a Windows Update to install all accessible operating system update.
- Move down to Windows 10 instructions
- Move down to Windows 7 instructions
Steps to Install Updates on Windows 10
If you are accessing Windows 10, then these steps are for you.
- Hit the Start menu and write update. After that, click on the “Check for updates” option.
- Tap on the “Check for updates” option.
- After clicking on that option, Windows will install the updates automatically.
- When Windows completes all its updates, start your computer again and attempt to print a file to check if your printer works.
Steps to Install Updates on Windows 7
If you are accessing Windows 7, then try these steps.
- Tap on the Start button, write update in the search box and hit on the “Check for updates” option.
- Click on the “Check for updates” option.
- Hit the “Install updates” option.
- When Windows has installed all its updates, start your computer again and go for print a file to check if your printer works.
So, these are the easiest steps to get rid of this problem. In case, you want technical support, our expert will be available on HP Online Chat. You can connect with them. They will sort out HP printer driver is unavailable error easily. You can chat with them anytime or Visit for more information 123.hp.com/setup
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- What does it mean when the driver is unavailable on the printer?
The error “Printer driver is unavailable” indicates that either your printer is outdated or not compatible. Sometimes it also means that the driver of the printer is corrupt and the computer will not be able to recognize it. If you wish to correct this error, then you have to undertake some steps and have to re-install your printer drivers.
- How do I make my printer driver available?
Printer errors such as windows failed to recognize the new downloaded printer drivers and software, which is the common one. In such cases, either printer driver was not installed properly or maybe your printer drivers are outdated. to make driver available reinstall your printer drivers once again.
- How do I install the HP printer driver?
- Go to 123.hp.com/setup and select your printer
- Download the printer driver
- And, open the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions to install the printer HP printer driver.
- When the HP printer drivers are successfully installed, now you need to hit the Finish button.