HP printer is one of the most preferable device most of the users use to print, scan or fax. Yes, scanning feature is readily available with an HP printer and scanner allows you to scan important documents without any effort. Despite being an amazing printing as well as scanning solution, users may come across with the situation when the scanner of HP printer doesn’t work. HP Scanner not working trouble occurs suddenly when you upgrade your recent OS or any other version of the software. Sometimes, the scanner won’t get identified by your system or some complex messages might appear while scanning something. Our experienced tech-specialists are available at HP Chat Support by which you can effort-freely get the issue sorted out. The causes of such hurdle might vary and sometimes, it becomes challenging for the user to find-out the root cause behind the HP Scanner not working issue.
Steps to Troubleshoot HP Scanner not Working Issue
Here are few solutions that may help you to eradicate the same problem on your own. You don’t need to try them all if with one method the issue is sorted out; so just work your way one-by-one noted-down the list.
Solution 1: Check the Network Connection Problem
Before using scanner to scan, you need to first ensure that your scanner is turned-on. And then check out the network connection and make sure there is no issue in it. If you’re using a USB scanner, check the USB ports and USB cables to ensure it works fine. In the case you’re using a network scanner, make sure that your computer has a good Internet connection, and your scanner connects to your computer with the Internet. In addition, if you’re using VPN in your computer, try disconnecting VPN from your computer and then scan the document. If you’ve checked all these mentioned points and yet your HP scanner doesn’t work, then continue with the next solution.
Solution 2: Enable Windows Image Acquisition Service and Associated Service
Windows Image Acquisition (WIA) is a Microsoft model that allows graphics software to inter-connect with imaging hardware such as scanner and cameras. So you should enable WIA service in your computer so that without any hassle you can scan. Follow the below steps to do the same:
- Press and hold the Windows logo + R keys simultaneously on your keyboard to open the Run box
- Once it is invoked, type “services.msc” and then click “OK”
- Scroll down your cursor and double-click on “Windows Image Acquisition(WIA)”
- In the next window, make sure the Startup type is set “Automatic” and the Service Status is Running
- If you find that the Service status is already set as Running, then click “Stop” to stop the service, and then click Start to re-enable the service
- After doing that, click on “Apply” and “OK” to save the changes
If your HP scanner issue is still persisting, then skip this method and try the next one.
Solution 3: Update Your Scanner Driver
A missing or an outdated scanner driver can be the one reason of your HP scanner not working issue. That’s why you should update your scanner driver with the latest upgraded one. There are two ways to update your scanner driver: manually and automatically. Therefore, as per your convenient immediately update the scanner driver.
Solution 4: Troubleshoot Hardware Problems
It might be possible that there is a hardware problem in your scanner, so run a troubleshooter in your computer to fix the issue. Let’s begin:
- First, open “Control Panel” in your computer and then choose the “Troubleshooting” option from the list
- After that, tap on “Hardware and Sound” and then click “Hardware and Devices”
- Now, follow on-screen prompted instructions to complete Troubleshoot process and exterminate the issue from the root
After that, try to use your scanner again and check whether it is working properly.
Solution 5: Run System File Checker
System File Checker (SFC) is a built-in Windows feature that scans corrupted system files and repairs it automatically. Your HP scanning is not working because of some corrupted system files; hence try SFC to fix the problem.
- First, open the Command Prompt window on your computer system
- Now, type the command “sfc/scannow” and press “Enter”
- Then ,wait for verification 100% complete as it takes couple of seconds
- Once it’s done, type “exit” and then hit “Enter” to close the window
- After doing that, restart your computer and see the scanner problem gets sorted out
Contact an Expert to Get Further Solution for HP Scanner
If none of the above methods help you to troubleshoot the HP scanner not working issue, then don’t feel disheartened! We have professional squad available round the clock at HP Customer Service Number to assist you. They give you handy and effectual solution so that without putting much effort your scanner will work fine.