What is a WPS pin?
WPS Pin stands for “Wi-Fi Protected Setup” and it is 8 digit pin number. WPS Pin is used to make connections between a router and wireless printers and other devices. You need to find WPS Pin on HP printer to establish a connection with other device. The wireless technology that is used in the HP printer allows you to print your documents anywhere around the globe and also at any time. This technology of the HP printer can be used by just connecting your wireless printer with the help of WPS PIN code to your personal device either through wired network or through your wireless router and print documents easily. You can establish connection by taking HP Printer Support assistance from the qualified techies. You will meet that person only when you call on our provided helpline number.
If you have successfully installed HP printer drivers on your computer and your printer is asking for “WPS Pin” for wireless connection, then you have to read out this blog as simple steps are mentioned here. Getting the WPS PIN on HP printer is quite tough for almost every user. Therefore, you may also come across difficulties while setting up the network connection. Apart from this, you can learn the genuine way how to install HP printer to proceed on WPS PIN to follow up the restricted guidance note down on 123.hp.com/setup facility.
Find WPS Pin on HP Printer and Establish Connection
Basically there are two types of WPS connections in HP Printers. One is WPS Button and another one is WPS PIN. Therefore, you can connect your HP printer to your operating device with these two options. Do it by following the below methods.
Connect HP Printer Using WPS Button
Perform this task by using the below noted procedure
- Go to HP printer’s control panel or Screen and then press the Wireless button or Setting Button
- Select the option “Wi-Fi Protected Setup” and follow the on-screen instructions display on the printer
- Next, you should do is to select “WPS Button” option. After doing this, printer will ask you to press the WPS button the wireless router
- Once you Press the WPS button on the router, go to your printer and press continue for wireless connection
- Now Connection will be established and your printer will ready to print
Connect Your HP Printer Via WPS PIN
Follow the below written steps to complete this task
- Go to HP printer’s control panel and then press the Wireless button> Settings button
- Touch the Wi-Fi Protected Setup and then follow onscreen prompts
- Now you are prompted to PIN, just hit on it. Doing so, WPS PIN will display on the screen
- Next, you have to access configuration utility or software for the wireless router or wireless access point. And then enter WPS PIN code in the required field
- Once the setup is done, you can install network printer driver by opening printer’s HP folder in All Programs> Printer Setup & Software. After that, choose the option “Connect a new printer”
Still need support for HP printer? If yes, then contact experts via HP Live Chat and get united with the technical engineers. They will proffer you easiest possible steps to complete this process.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Where Is the WPS PIN On A Printer?
- To find out the Wi-Fi Protected Setup PIN, you should go to the control panel on the HP printer.
- Then after, you will have to press the Wireless button to reach out to the ‘Settings’ option.
- Follow the onscreen prompts after clicking on the Wi-Fi Protected Setup.
- Reach out to the ‘PIN’ section and you should tap on it.
- Once you click on it, you will be able to see WPS PIN appearing on the screen.
You need to follow the above-mentioned steps carefully and you will see the pin very easily.
What’s A WPS PIN On Printer?
Wi-Fi Protected Setup (in short WPS) is a secure network that establishes a connection between wireless printers and routers. There are two options including WPS PIN and WPS button available to connect your printer to your OS. WPS Pin is 8 digits long which must be as strong as possible and helps to make a network connection. It is a kind of innovative connection method that most of the users are not even aware of. Therefore, it is advisable to be aware of the WPS for the safe and easy WI-FI connection.
How Do I Connect To Wi-Fi Using WPS PIN?
- Navigate to the Control Panel of your HP printer.
- Go to the ‘Settings’ by pressing the ‘Wireless’ button.
- Tap on the ‘Wi-Fi Protected Setup’
- Now, you should follow onscreen prompts appearing on the screen.
- Hit on the PIN which will display WPS PIN on the screen.
- After that, you will have to enter the WPS PIN code.
- After completing the setup, you should install the drivers for your printer.
Doing so will help you to connect your printer to Wi-FI using WPS PIN.
How Do You Find WPS Pin On HP Printer?
To find out the WPS Pin on HP printer, you should follow the below-mentioned steps in a careful manner:
- On your very first step, you should go to the control panel.
- Go to the Settings and opt for the Wi-Fi Protected Setup (also known as WPS).
- Next, you need to follow the on-screen steps.
- Click on the ‘PIN’ option and you will be able to see WPS PIN on the screen.
How Do I Find The WPS PIN Code?
On the printer’s LED screen, the WPS PIN appears when it comes to connecting your computer to your printer wirelessly. It is an encrypted WI-FI Protected Setup and you will need to create your WPS PIN using 8 digits. Using WPS PIN, you can easily setup your wireless networks which allow users to work flawlessly. In addition, you can also make use of WPS PIN for making the connection between a router and wireless device.
What Does WPS Stand For?
WPS, stands for Wi-Fi Protected Setup, is a secured wireless network standard. With the aid WPS, one can easily make connections between a router and wireless devices with the optimum ease. It is especially for wireless networks that make proper utilization of an encrypted password with security protocols. When it comes to wireless networks with WEP security, Wi-Fi Protected Setup denies working at all. As WEP security is easily breakable with simple hacking skills, most of the people prefer using WPS for network connections.
Where Is The WPS Button?
When it comes to connection, WPS button simplifies the entire process without any kind of hassles.
- For the connection, you should press the WPS button located on your router.
- Once you press the button, the discovery of new devices turns on.
- Navigate to your device
- Opt for the network you are looking forward to connecting to.
The device will be able to connect the wireless network automatically without having to enter the network password.
How Many Digits Is A WPS PIN?
Wi-Fi Protected Setup people know it as a WPS, allows users to setup a connection between wireless devices and router. It allows users to setup 8 digits secured code which must be secured that hackers can’t break the security. Therefore, it is advisable to make the WPS security code as robust as possible. When it comes to making the Pre Shared Key which works with only wireless networks, an encrypted secured network flawlessly works.