When you update the windows then it is a common instance that the HP Support Assistant stops working. However, there is nothing to worry about as we are here to help you out to fix it that too without any technical knowledge. There are a number of ways in which you can resolve HP Support Assistant not working issue which we will be discussing in detail. In this way, you will be able to understand it in a much better way and troubleshoot the problem on your own.
Methods to Fix HP Support Assistant not Working Problem
If don’t know why is HP Support Assistant not working when you try to perform any printer related task then follow the given solution to start HP support assistant:
Method 1: Reinstall HP Support Assistant
If your present HP Support Assistant stops working then you can try to fix it by downloading the latest version. This doesn’t mean that you have to remove the existing version.
Once it is downloaded, run the file and click on ‘Yes’ to confirm and complete the installation process. Restart your system and see if HP Support Assistant is working again or not. If it doesn’t then you can try the other methods.
Method 2: Uninstall the App
If the above method doesn’t work for you then you can uninstall HP Support Assistant then install it again. Use these steps to do it:
- Press the windows key and ‘R’ on your keyboard together
- Enter ‘control’ and then click on ‘ok’
- When the control panel opens up, go to ‘Programs’ and then select ‘Programs and Features’
- From the list of installed apps, select HP Support Assistant
- You have to uninstall it so in order to do that, follow the instructions displayed on the screen
- Close Control Panel window once the uninstallation is complete
- Go to the File Explorer and search for C:\Program Files (X86)\Hewlett Packard\
- You will find HP Support Framework folder, kindly delete it
- Download the HP Support Assistant installer file and then see if it works or not
- Launch it and then check for the latest updates. Wait till the updates get downloaded and then restart your system to see if you got rid of HP Support Assistant not working issue or not
Method 3: Update the drivers manually
If you have some outdated components on your laptop/desktop then you can update the latest version from the official website.
Visit the HP Care product page and enter the details of your HP Laptop for which you would like to download the updates.
Go through the list of the updates that are available and you can install them step by step.
If you come across an update for HP Support Assistant then you need to download and install it too.
You should also download the drivers and then restart your device for the effects to take place.
Method 4: Disable the antivirus software
At times, the antivirus software doesn’t let the HP Support Assistant function after an update. Therefore, you should disable it for a while and then try to use it to see if the antivirus was causing the trouble or not.
Final Instructions to start HP Support Assistant
If nothing works for you then feel free to get in touch with HP support and then experts will help you to fix not only HP Support Assistant not working problem but any other issue as well.