If HP Printer showing problems and won’t Print Black then printer may have low ink, outdated printer drivers or a poor wireless connection. To fix HP printer won’t print problem you can check your printer’s settings or black ink availability in the tank. Outdated printer driver may also be the reason for printing problem so you should also update the printer driver.When your printer stops printing in black, but unfortunately nothing is helpful for you. At that moment, you only have to put a call at HP Support Contact Number and then get united with the technical engineers. They will proffer you some effective solution in your hand. When you follow their provided instructions, your printer start printing perfectly in black and then you will become happy for that.
Methods to Fix HP Printer Won’t Print Black
You need to apply some steps to remove HP printer won’t print black issue. Follow the below provided methods one by one:
Method 1: Perform basic troubleshooting
Whenever you face any issue with your printer, the first thing you need to do is try this basic troubleshooting. To begin with, check the connection of your printer with the PC. make sure the cable connecting both devices is working properly and there’s no loose end.
After that, restart your PC as well as the HP printer. Turn the printer machine off and unplug the power cord from the power outlet. Now wait for five minutes and connect it again. Start the printer and computer. At last, try printing a test page to see if everything’s fine.
Method 2: Check Your Ink Cartridge
- Replace ink cartridges if the ink is low or empty
- Check ink cartridges are properly installed in their appropriate slot
- Make sure that you’ve removed the tape over the vent if you have recently installed a new cartridge
- Check if the vents of the cartridges are clogged. You can clean the printhead.
- Try using a different ink cartridge to determine if your printer is able to recognize cartridges
Method 3: Set your Printer as Default
When you send a print task from your computer, it assigns automatically to the default printer, unless you change it in the settings manually. So, you need to make sure to select your printer in the print preview or else set your HP printer as default to avoid any mistake in the future.
You can set your HP printer as default by following the steps below:
- Press the Windows + R keys on your keyboard to open the Run dialog. Now enter, “control panel” in the box and select Enter. Alternatively, you can also search for the Control Panel in the Windows search bar and open it from there.
- Now select Devices and Printers.
- Navigate and right-click on your HP printer.
- From the menu, click on the “Set as default printer” option. Select Yes to confirm setting your HP printer as default.
Once the printer is set as default, you will see a tick on the Printer name.
Method 4: Cancel all print jobs
Another reason that can cause your HP printer to not print is a stuck print queue. The problem usually occurs when you send a whole lot of print tasks at the same time. To fix this, you can simply clear the printing queue by following the steps below:
- Enter Control in the Windows search and open the Control Panel.
- Go to Devices and Printers.
- Now find and right-click on your printer.
- Click on “See what’s printing”.
- Now you need to open the Printer menu and click on Open as Administrator.
- Again open the Printer menu and this time click on Cancel All Documents option.
- Click on Yes, to confirm clearing the print queue.
- At last, when you have canceled all the printing tasks, check if your printer is working fine. Try printing a document or a test page to confirm.
Method 5: Update Printer Driver
In most cases, printer issues are a cause of outdated printer drivers. If your HP printer is not printing and the above steps didn’t help, then you should try these steps to update your HP printer drivers.
Continue with the steps below to update your printer drivers on Windows 10.
- Search for the Control Panel in the Windows panel and open it.
- Now open Hardware and Sound.
- Select Device Manager.
- In the Device Manager, find and select the Printers. Doing this will open a drop-down menu where you can see a list of printers.
- Right-click on the printer of which you want to update the drivers.
- Now select the Update Driver option.
- Select whether you want to search for the drivers automatically or manually. Only choose the manual option if you’ve already downloaded the drivers from the HP website or else go with the automatic option.
- Now your system will fetch the latest updates.
- Wait for the drivers to download and then install them.
Also Read: Fix HP Printer not Printing Color Problem
Get Further Assistance form Experts When HP Printer Won’t Print Black
In case your HP printer not printing black after applying the above steps. At the end you only have to do is to give a ring at HP Printer Customer Service Number and make cold conversation to the dexterous techies. They will guide the whole procedure at an ease so that you can make your printer work properly or print clearly.