HP Printers are famous for their high-quality printing solution and easy availability in the market also at an affordable cost. Many users nowadays prefer using this device to print, scan, or fax the document with ease. However, the HP Printer is greatly adjustable in your office as well as home premises. Though, besides all its benefits, HP Printers are having technical hiccups as well. Sometimes, the HP Printer Not Printing Black problem happens just because of your printer running out the black or color ink. This makes you so much furious specifically when your printer is working but the printed output is missing black ink. Receiving blank printouts from printing machines can be a major problem for the one who can’t handle this issue. So, we decided to aid the people via this post to sort it out. Do not wonder! Stay tuned!
Instinct Reasons For HP Printer Not Printing Black Problem
HP Printer Not Printing black or any color is a very common problem for HP Printer users. The printer doesn’t print due to various unwanted reasons, from connectivity issues to faulty configurations or inappropriate printer driver installation. Additionally, the list of possible causes are enumerated underneath:
- When the printer driver is out-of-date.
- The connection between your printer and computer may be lost which further results Printer Not Printing.
- The HP Printer is probably not set as a default printer and this may lead to the same problem.
- The HP printer won’t print black most of the time due to stuck print jobs.
- Generally, when the printer black ink goes out of stock.
- When not using realistic blank ink HP cartridges.
- The low/empty black ink level could also trigger the HP Printer Not Printing Black problem.
The Diversified Fruitful Methods To Fix HP Printer Not Printing Black
If you are seeking a suitable solving guide of Printer Not Printing Black, you have come to the right place. In the below section, we have compiled the distinctive ways to get rid of this specific error issue. Therefore, you can very frequently give the methods as follows beneath a try as they may work out. Let’s begin:
Method 1: Perform Basic Fixing Steps
When you find your HP Printer stops printing for no reason, don’t panic! A simple and basic HP Printer Troubleshooting trick will assist you to resolve the HP Printer Not Printing Black error in a pinch. Go through the beneath instructed points:
- First and foremost, give a check to the status of your printer’s connection.
- Make sure the printer and computer devices are properly connected with each other.
- Also, give assurance that the network or cable you use to connect the devices is normal and not defective.
- Furthermore, you can also try restarting your HP Printer. First, turn it off from top-to-toe and then unplug the power cord. Leave the printer for a couple of minutes and then plug the cord back in. And then, Power-on the printer.
- Now, you can check whether your printer is printing without any hassle or yet not.
If this doesn’t work, you can move to the next fixing guide.
Method 2: Reinstall HP Printer Driver
In many cases, HP Printer Not Printing problem appears from the faulty or outdated printer driver. So, check it out and if the driver installed against your printer is outdated or corrupt, reinstall it now. First and foremost, uninstall the driver from your Windows PC. Thereafter, visit the official HP’s website to download the current released printer driver. Once you download the driver, install it now. And then, start printing again to check if the HP Printer won’t print problem has been resolved or yet continue.
Method 3: Clean The PrintHead
HP Printer’s with clogged printhead nozzles can be the real cause of HP Printer Not Printing Black. Thus, cleaning the printhead would be a good fix to this problem. How you clean a printhead is completely depends on the printer model you are using. In general, you need to follow the below steps:
- First, go to the HP Printer’s Control Panel.
- Then, select the “Printer Maintenance” menu.
- And finally, click on the “Deep Cleaning” or “Clean Printhead” option.
NOTE: Before attempt cleaning the clogged printhead, make sure a sufficient amount of paper is loaded in the printer.
Method 4: Install A Genuine Hewlett-Packard Black Ink Cartridge
Third-party black ink cartridges don’t always work so well and thus result in HP Printer Not Printing Black error. Therefore, replacing the third-party cartridges with a more authentic and official Hewlett-Packard cartridge might be a one-stop solution. After using legal and real-brand printer cartridges, the printer that is not printing black ink will distinctly be resolved. So, it is always worth checking if your ink cartridge is fake or real.
Method 5: Set Your Printer As A Default
Ensure that your HP Printer is set to the default printer, otherwise, you may face a Printer Not Printing problem. Here’s the required step you need to perform:
- First, you have to press the Windows logo key along with the R key at the same time on your keyboard.
- This will open the Run dialog.
- In that dialog, type “Control Panel” and hit the “Enter” key.
- From the “Control Panel” window, select the “Devices and Printers” tab.
- Under this section, place a right-click on your “HP printer” icon and then select “Set as default printer”.
- Click “Yes” if prompted to confirm.
- Now, you can see the green check just beneath the icon of your HP printer. That confirms the HP Printer is now set as default printer.
Start printing a test page to check if the HP Printer Not Printing Black problem has been successfully resolved. If still not, go to the next method.
Method 6: Cancel All Print Jobs
Another possible cause of the HP Printer Not Printing issue is the print jobs stuck in the print queue. Hence, clear all print jobs that are stuck inside the printer to bring your HP printer back to normal. Let’s do it:
- Select the “Devices and Printers” option from the Control Panel window.
- Afterward, put a right-click on your HP printer icon in the “Printers” section and select “See what’s printing”.
- Now, open the “Printer” menu and then select “Open As Administrator”.
- Now, again open the Printer menu. This time select the “Cancel All Documents” option.
- Click “Yes” if prompted to confirm your action.
- You have successfully cancelled all print jobs stuck in your printer.
- Now check and see if the printer prints hassle-freely or not.
Read Also- How To Find Mac Address On Printer?
Contact 24×7 Professional Techies For Quality Help & Support
Hope the pieces of information noted above has helped you in quick annihilating the HP Printer Not Printing Black problem. The printer is unfortunately not working/printing in black or color even after appropriately implemented the aforementioned troubleshooting methods. In such a situation, what you should do is to give an instant call at the HP support number. Your call will be answered by one of the top-most tech specialists who are talented and skilled enough. So, in a very short span, the printer not printing problem will be fixed from the root, it is 100% guaranteed.