In the today’s world, many users are complaining that your printer has experienced an unexpected configuration problem. They usually come across this problematic situation when they give a command to their connected printer for printing document from edge browser. Although, the user when trying to print from the Mail app, can also receive such an error statement along with the error codes 0x80070002 or 0x80040154. Luckily, it is easy to eradicate. The only thing required is to having strong technical knowledge. If you fail to fix this issue, don’t feel blue! Here is the productive solution we have compiled. That will surely helpful for resolving the problem in quick. Let’s give a glance!
Reasons behind Unexpected Configuration Problem With Printers
As per our technical based investigation, we have listed underneath the several different factors that trigger this particular error message. Hence, check-out the given list:
- One potential case because of the error message sudden pop-up on the Windows screen is when you’re using a severely outdated printer driver. The driver you are using for printing might be faulty and get outdated. So, immediately check out your driver for update. If it is out-of-date, manually update it.
- If your Windows is not running to the latest version, then also same statement prompt
- The printer is not shared across the network
- Interference of any third-party app or Windows update while printing
If you’re really looking for effective ways to resolve this fatal error that is preventing you from using your printer, you are landed at right page. This article will provide you with a list of productive troubleshooting steps. By walking through the given guidelines, you will definitely be able to annihilate the Unexpected Configuration error from printer.
Methods to Fix Your Printer has Experienced an Unexpected Configuration Problem
The potential fixes noted underneath are structured with efficiency and severity. So, follow them consecutively until your printer not experiencing an unexpected configuration error problem. Let’s begin:
Method 1: Running the Printer Troubleshooter
Here is a quick guide on running Printer Troubleshooter, so give a look at them once:
- Press “Windows + R” keys simultaneously to open up a Run dialog box. Then, type “ms-settings: troubleshoot” and hit Enter to open up the Troubleshoot tab of the Settings app
- Under the Troubleshooting option, go to the “Get up” section and running tab and click on Printer. Then, click on the “Run the troubleshooter” button
- Wait until the initial scanning period is complete, click “Apply” button and “OK” tab
- Once the procedure finish, close the troubleshooting window and check for the Unexpected Configuration Problem whether it has resolved or yet continue
If the same problem exists, move down to the next fixing method.
Method 2: Add Your Printer Again
This error may occur because of the printer entry is glitched. So, you can add your printer one more time to fix the configuration problem. Here is what you should do:
- Press “Windows + R” keys together at the same time to open up a Run dialog box. Then, type “ms-settings:printers” into the search box and hit “Enter” to open the Printers & Scanners tab of the Settings app
- Click on the ‘+’ icon under “Add printers & scanners”. Wait until your printer is identified again, afterward give a click on it to finish setting it up again
- Once you manage to add your printer once again, restart your computer and see if the issue has been exterminated from the root or not
In case, you are still getting the message “Your Printer has Experienced an Unexpected Configuration”, go ahead to the next troubleshooting method.
Method 3: Update Your Printer Driver
As we already discussed above one of the possible reasons that might trigger the “Your Printer Has Experienced an Unexpected Configuration Problem” error is a faulty or a severely outdated printer driver. Therefore, it is highly recommended to make the printer driver up-to-date. Here is the complete easy guide for this:
- Press “Windows + R” keys both at the same time to open up a Run dialog box. Then, type “devmgmt.msc” and press “Enter” key to open up Device Manager. If prompted by the UAC (User Account Control), click “Yes” to grant administrative privileges
- Inside Device Manager, scroll through the list of devices and expand the Printers (Print queues) drop-down menu
- Right-click on the printer that you’re having issues with and choose Update driver
- In the next Windows screen, click on “Search” automatically for updated driver software to let Windows Update to scan and download the newest driver version for your printer.
- Once the newer printer driver gets installed, restart your computer and check for the error issue.
If the same problem still persists, continue following the next method.
You may run into this error if the printer you are using for print is not shared over network and appropriately connected to Windows system. So you should make sure the printer is shareable. Here is how to make your printer shareable:
- On your keyboard, press the “Windows logo key and R key” simultaneously, then type Control Panel and hit Enter.
- Now, go to the “Device and Printers” section, scroll down to the Printers section. Then place a right-click on the printer that has the error and click “Printer properties” tab
- Click the Sharing tab and ensure that the box for Share this printer is checked-mark. Then click “OK” tab to apply the changes.
- Now, print a test page from your printer and see if the error still pops up. If the error doesn’t occur again, then great! Your problematic error has been resolved successfully
Avail 24/7 HP Printer Customer Support for Instant Solving Guide
If none of the Methods have helped you out in getting the “Your Printer has experienced an Unexpected Configuration Problem” error wipe-out, don’t get panic! There is HP Printer Customer Support team for your better solution. Just make contact them directly through helpline number. Remote access service will be proffered to you at reasonable cost.