Clear the HP Printer Attention Required on Your HP Printer Model
HP printers are easy to install and use. However, they are not fully protected against technical glitches. In fact, many people battle with the HP printer attention required message when they start scanning and printing from their laptop.
You may try various measures like re-installing the printer, removing it from the internet service provider’s network, and turning off and on your computer, but to no avail.
If you do not mitigate this error, you can well forget to use your printer for your tasks. So, in this article, we’ve compiled the best measures to help you eliminate this error message.
How to Fix HP Printer Attention Required Issue?
All the methods mentioned below are ideal to use if you have the following HP printer models:
- HP Envy 5660, 5540, 4520, and 7640
- HP Deskjet 2540 and 3630
- HP OfficeJet 4650, 3830, 4630, and 5740
- HP LaserJet p1102w
Before going ahead with the fixes, it’s a good idea to restart your printer. Just press the Power button of the device, wait for 10 seconds, and turn it on again. The error may get resolved with this simple action. If it doesn’t, proceed with these approaches.
1. Employ the HP Print and Scan Doctor
HP Print and Scan Doctor is an ideal tool to fix this error. To begin using it, download it from the official HP website. Then, follow these steps.
- From the location where you’ve downloaded the print and scan doctor, run ‘HPPSdr.exe.’
- When the tool opens, tap ‘Start’ and choose your printing device.
- If you don’t find your printer in the list, switch it off and then switch it on.
- Now, tap ‘Retry.’
- If there’s a connectivity issue, adhere to the guidelines that the tool shows.
- When you get a prompt to enable printer updates, tap ‘Yes.’
- When a screen asks you to make your HP printer the default one, tap ‘Yes.’
2. Configure a Manual IP Address
Another good way to fix the problematic settings causing HP attention required printer error message is configuring a manual IP. Here are the points you should follow to set it.
- Tap the Wi-Fi symbol on your printer.
- Now note the IP address.
- Next, launch a web browser. Enter the IP address you’ve taken down.
- Head over to ‘Network’ and then ‘General.’
- Choose ‘Network Protocols’ and then choose ‘IPV4 Only.’
- Now tap ‘Apply.’
- Navigate to ‘Wireless’ followed by ‘Wireless 802.11.’
- Then choose ‘Manual IP’ and hit ‘Apply.’
- For the first DNS, input ‘18.104.22.168.’
- For the second DNS, input ‘22.214.171.124.’
- Head over to ‘Settings’ and then to ‘Power Management.’
- Choose ‘Sleep Mode’ for a maximum of 15 minutes.
3. Apply Repairs Automatically
You can also apply repairs on your HP printer by following a few steps. But to use this function, you must be the administrator.
- Switch on your system.
- Now input ‘printer’ in the search bar.
- Tap ‘OK.’
- You will see various options. Choose ‘Find and Fix Problems.’
- In the console that comes up, choose ‘Advanced.’
- Now use the option of ‘Automatically Apply Repairs.’ Note that you must perform this function as the administrator.
- Hit ‘Next’ and choose your printer.
- Now try to print and see if the printer still shows the attention required message.
4. Check the Status of the Print Spooler
Generally, users don’t know exactly what requires their attention after seeing the printer attention required HP message. You may find no problem with the printer properties. In this case, try checking the print spooler status. It will help you determine whether the issue is related to the status of services or not.
- Tap ‘Start’ and input ‘Run.’
- Hit enter to open the Run command.
- In its box, input ‘services.msc’ and hit Enter.
- On the list of services, locate Print Spooler.
- Check the ‘Status’ as well as the ‘Status type.’ If you find it ‘Stop,’ tap the program and click ‘Restart.’
- Now, exit the services window and see if the problem is still there.
5. Install the Latest Drivers in Compatibility Mode on Windows 10
This fix is especially useful for not only Windows 10 but also for Windows 7, 8, and 8.1 users. If your Envy 4500 shows HP printer attention required message, follow these points.
- Go to the manufacturer’s website and download the latest driver.
- Right-tap the driver installation file and choose ‘Properties.’
- Now, tap the ‘Compatibility’ tab.
- Put a check in the box ‘Run this program in compatibility mode.’
- Click the drop-down box. Next, choose a previous operating system.
- Now, click ‘OK.’
- Lastly, install the driver again and see if the problem persists.
6. Carry a Clean Install
Are you an HP Officejet 3830 printer user and are tired of tackling this error without any result? You can try performing a clean install for which you need to delete all entries related to the printer from your system. Then follow these points.
- Remove files related to your printer by going over to ‘Printer Server Properties.’
- Now remove the USB from your device.
- Go to the ‘Control Panel’ section and launch ‘Programs and Features.’
- As mentioned before, select all the entries associated with the HP Officejet printer and uninstall them.
- Now move back to ‘Control Panel’ and choose ‘Devices and Printer.’
- Delete all the entries of your printer by choosing them first.
- Now open the ‘Run’ dialog box. Enter ‘printui.exe /s’ on it.
- Tap ‘Enter.’
- Go to ‘Print Server Properties.’
- Choose ‘Drivers’ and remove the entries from it.
- Open the ‘Run’ dialog box again and enter ‘c:/programdata.’
- Go to the folder of Hewlett Packard and remove all files and folders associated with your printer.
- Now refresh your system by restarting it.
- Download the recent drivers for your printer from a credible source.
- Install them and connect your USB. Stick to the instructions on your screen to complete the clean installation of the HP printer.
- You won’t find the attention required error message again.
HP Printer Attention Required: Wrapping UP
Incorrect settings of printer or computer commonly result in HP printer attention required message. So by fixing these settings using the measures listed above, you will be able to eliminate the error. If you face any issues in implementing any method or don’t have time to carry out troubleshooting by yourself, dial HP printer technical support service number. The experts will immediately resolve this error for you.