If you are struggling with a question about how to reset HP printer, you’ve come to the correct place. This post will be a wonderful resource for all of your questions related to HP printers. Read this blog carefully to easily reset your printer.
Steps to Reset HP Printer Easily
Follow the steps below to reset your HP printer’s printing system:
- Select the “Apple” symbol. Also, go towards the drop-down menu, and pick “System Preferences’’.
- Next, visit “Print & Scan,” “Printers & Scanners,” or “Print & Fax.”
- Then, press right-clicks on any part of the window.
- From the drop-down option, choose “Reset Printing System.”
- Select “OK” or “Reset” from the drop-down menu.
- If requested, enter the login and password for your Mac machine. After that, select “OK.” This will totally help you reset HP printer.
- Deactivate your HP printer.
- Before turning on your printer, wait around 5 seconds.
- Wait for your HP printer to turn off and become silent.
- Open the Printers window and press the “+” button.
- Select your HP printer from the list of devices.
- Select “Add” from the drop-down menu.
You’ll have to wait a few seconds for the system to recognize your printer among the other options.
Also Read, Reset HP Laptop to Factory Settings
How to Factory Reset HP Printer?
Begin by resetting the factory settings on your HP printer by following these simple steps:
- Begin by going to your HP printer’s site.
- Place your cursor over the Setup option and select it.
- After that, go to the drop-down menu, and pick the tools option.
- After clicking tools, you’ll be sent to a menu list.
- Select Restore Factory Defaults now.
- Then a notice will appear asking Do you want to continue?
- Select Yes from the menu.
After this, your printer will restart again.
How to Perform an HP Printer Hard Reset?
On HP Deskjet and Photosmart Printers, How to Perform a Hard HP printer reset:
Follow the steps below to do a hard reset on an HP Deskjet or Photosmart printer:
- Make sure your HP printer is turned on.
- Open the access door to your printer.
- Remove the cartridges from the machine.
- Disconnect your printer’s power, USB, Ethernet, and any other cables.
- After waiting 10 to 15 minutes, reattach the wires to your printer.
- Open the access doors to your printer.
- Replace the cartridges you removed.
- Switch on the printer.
- Print a test page to ensure that the printer is working properly.
How to Reset an HP Printer to Factory Settings?
To complete a full reset on an HP printer, follow these steps:
- First, Four times press the “back” button. Repeat until the “Support” menu appears.
- Next, using the right arrow button, scroll right until the “Reset” menu appears.
- Select “Full reset” from the “Resets” menu. After that, your printer will begin to reset.
Another option is to perform a full reset by following the steps outlined in “How to Perform HP Printer Partial Reset” above. The only difference is that this time you use the “9” and “#” keys.
Note: The deep settings of your HP printer will be cleared with this advanced reset. As the printer resets, make sure the procedure isn’t stopped in any way, or else your printer may become inoperable.
How to Reset the Administrator Password for an HP Printer?
Follow the steps below to reset HP printer administrative password:
1. Rest the Network Configuration
To get your HP printer’s network settings back, do the following:
- Swipe down the top screen tab to access the printer’s Dashboard.
- Next, Select “Setup” from the drop-down menu.
- Select “Network Setup.”
- Now, go to the “Reset’’ Network Settings” from the drop-down menu.
- A notification will appear on the screen telling you that your HP printer’s network defaults will be reset.
- At last, Select “Yes.”
2. Restart Any Connected Devices that haven’t Already Done So
You’ll need to reboot your connected devices, such as the printer, computer, and router, at this point, by following the steps below:
- First, Switch off your printer, computer, and router.
- After you’ve completed step 1, wait around 60 seconds.
- Switch on your router and wait for it to boot up.
- Turn on your printer and wait for it to set up.
- Switch on your PC.
3. On Your HP Printer, Run the Wireless Wizard
Follow the steps below to run the wireless wizard on your HP printer:
- Go to your printer’s control panel.
- Then, Swipe down the top screen tab.
- The printer’s Dashboard will open as a result of this activity.
- After that, Select “Wireless.”
- Select “Settings” from the drop-down menu.
- From the drop-down box, choose “Wireless Settings.”
- choose “Wireless Setup Wizard” from the menu. Instead, on some models, you’ll get “Wi-Fi Protected Setup.”
- At last, to run the wizard, follow the directions on the screen.
4. How To Reset The Out Of Paper?
Have trouble with your printer paper? Follow these procedures to reset your HP printer when it displays an “out of paper” error message:
Step 1: Unplug the power wire from your printer while it is still on.
Step 2: Disconnect the power line from the wall outlet.
Step 3: Hold your breath for 15 seconds.
Step 4: Plug in your printer’s power cord again.
Step 5: Insert the power cord into the outlet and plug your printer in.
Step 6: Switch on the printer.
Step 7: Create a test page.
The steps above address how to reset HP printer issue. If this wouldn’t help, you should contact ‘HP printer support’ for further assistance.