Find Out How to Override HP Ink Cartridge Error Quickly
HP printers give excellent printing performance. However, there will undoubtedly come times when you need to print a document urgently but your printer won’t cooperate. Your HP printer usually throws an ink cartridge error which hinders you from performing the printing tasks. If you do not have extra cartridges handy, you must know how to override HP ink cartridge error. It is a temporary fix that you can use quickly to get your printing job done. Here in this article, you’ll come to know more about this error. You will also find some good solutions to troubleshoot this problem.
What Causes the Cartridge Error?
There are various reasons behind this problem. Here are the ones you should be informed about.
- The metal contacts of your HP printer are broken or unclear. They are hindering communication from taking place between the ink cartridge and the printer.
- You haven’t removed the protective strips of the cartridge. Thus, your printer cannot recognize the cartridge.
- A software update has caused the ink cartridge error.
- You have installed faulty ink cartridges.
- A refilled ink cartridge has damaged the integrity of your cartridge.
How to Override HP Ink Cartridge Error
There are some ways to solve this error. Use the stepwise instructions for the measures given below.
Reset Your Printer
Reset HP printer is the simplest fix to get past the cartridge error. You can reset your printer with these easy steps.
- Open the cover of your printing device and remove the ink cartridge.
- Keep your ink cartridge in a corner.
- Let it remain there for some time.
- Now, insert it back into the printer.
- Turn off your printing device after closing its cover.
- Turn off the printer after some minutes.
- Print a test page afterward and see if you get the error again.
Also Read : how to bypass hp instant ink
Disable the HP Cartridge Protection
Many people encounter this problem because they are using generic ink cartridges. HP has made all generic ink cartridges incompatible with their printing device. But don’t worry if you are working with the generic ones. You can override HP ink cartridge error by disabling the HP cartridge protection.
- Head to ‘Printer settings’ from the menu.
- Now, locate the option that enables you to deactivate the cartridge protection.
- Choose ‘Disable.’
- Now, tap ‘Apply’ followed by ‘Save.’
These steps are for those who have HP printers that are not connected to the internet. If your model is linked to the internet, use this procedure.
- On the web browser, input the IP address of your HP printer.
- This address can be found by going to the ‘Printer settings’ and from there to the ‘Network Setup’ option.
- Head to ‘Settings’ in the embedded web server of your printer.
- Now, go to ‘HP Cartridge protection.’
- Choose to disable this protection and tap ‘Apply.’
Troubleshooting for When Your Printer cannot Recognize the Cartridge.
If you are still wondering how do I override my HP ink cartridge, try this fix. It’s for those whose printing devices cannot identify the ink cartridge.
- Switch off your printing device.
- Now, open its door.
- Take away the ink cartridge that your printer cannot recognize.
- Insert the previous compatible ink cartridge.
- Now take out this cartridge, and in its place, install the new cartridge.
- After that, start your HP printing device again.
Clean the Cartridge.
Often, dirt accumulation on the metal contacts of the cartridge results in this cartridge error. In such a case, you can replace the cartridge a couple of times till it sits in the specified slot to override the cartridge error. It’s also important to take out the cartridges and wipe their contacts.
- Ensure to use a lint-free cloth to clean them.
- Don’t put unnecessary press. Otherwise, you will cause damage.
- After cleaning the metal contacts, insert the cartridge into your printing device. Ensure to place them properly.
- Now switch on your printer and print a test page.
- There won’t be any error message this time.
Now you won’t ask anyone how to override HP ink cartridge error. Use these easy measures and start working uninterruptedly with your printer. The fixes will save you time and resources. If you have any other doubts about printer troubleshooting, contacts expert HP technical support professionals.