Every HP printer is equipped with a network interface card (NIC) and has a media access control (MAC) address. This MAC address is used to identify every device attached to a network. Once it is enabled, only a device that has MAC address on the filter list can access your network. Whenever you need to filter MAC addresses on your router or find the HP printer’s MAC address of your, then in that case, printer can be more problematic than the personal computers. However, by dialing HP Support Number and taking professionals’ guidance, you can easily find HP printer’s MAC address with easy steps.
Possible ways to Locate HP Printer’s Mac Address
You can simply find MAC address by entering ipconfig/all in the command prompt windows. But, as we all know mostly printers are not compatible with keyboard input, so you need to make use of alternative methods to locate the MAC addresses. Here, we are discussing the ways by which you can easily find your HP printer’s MAC address. You need to find your HP printer’s IP address first, after that you will be able to locate its MAC address.
Find your HP printer’s IP address
- Press the windows key and type control panel and then click on it to open your system’s control panel.
- From the hardware and sound section, click on the devices and printers link.
- Look for your printer, right click on it and then from the pop-up menu choose printer properties.
- Go for ports tab and then you need to choose standard TCP/IP port entry.
- After clicking on the configure port button, you will see the printer’s IP address in the printer name or IP address box.
Steps to find your printer’s MAC address
- Open the quick access menu by right-clicking on the start button.
- Look for command prompt and after finding it, simply click to open it.
- In the command prompt dialogue box, type “arp-a” (without quotation marks) and then hit enter.
- Scroll down to the result until you see the IP address that you found from the above steps of your printer.
- Next to IP address, you will see your printer’s MAC address. The MAC address format looks like “00-1d-7e-e8-d7-27.”
Isn’t finding your HP printer’s IP and MAC address is pretty easy? Hope you are also able to discover it. In case, if you are still unable to find MAC address, then we suggest you get aid from HP Live Chat Support technicians. They are highly proficient in providing proper assistance to solve customer’s queries within a pinch of time. Surely, they will also help you out to find your HP printer’s MAC address with some easy steps.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How Do I Add a Mac Address to My HP Printer?
First of all, you should make sure that the Mac computer is using the stable Internet connection. Now, you will have to find out the ‘Printers list and then select the HP printer you are using. Moreover, you need to delete it by clicking the ‘Minus button. After that, you will have to click the ‘Add’ button and then you should find and select your printer. Hereafter, you will be able to add Mac address to your HP printer successfully.
How Do I Find the Mac Address of My Printer Remotely?
To find out the Mac address of your printer remotely, you should go to the command prompt. For that, you need to press the Start button and type the cmd in the search box. In the command, you should type the ‘ipconfig /all’ and hit the enter button. Once you press the ‘Enter’ the button, you will come across the IP address in the first column. In the second column, you will be able to get the Mac address of your printer. For the more information about the same, you should take help from the experts at any time.
Is Hardware Address the Same as Mac Address?
Yes! The MAC address is as same as the hardware address. A single network adapter has the unique hardware address that the hardware manufacturer assigns. The Mac address is a worldwide unique hardware address which helps in detecting the device in the computer networks. Moreover, you can make use of the hardware address as the Mac address. Besides, you can easily find out by printing the network configuration page from the printer. Apart from that, if you want more information about the same, ask for help directly from the experts.
Where is the Mac Address On HP DeskJet 3752?
Do you want to know the Mac address on the Hp DeskJet 3752? To find the MAC address, you will have to print a network configuration page from your Hp DeskJet 3752. You can do so easily by just pressing the Wireless button and Information button at the same time. After printing network configuration page, you will be able to find out the Mac address on the Hp DeskJet 3752 printer. Moreover, if you want to take more information, you should approach the HP certified professionals at anytime from anywhere.
Where Do You Find a Mac Address on a Printer?
- Simply press the windows key to go to the Start menu.
- Navigate to the Control Panel and then look for the system’s control panel.
- Reach out the ‘Hardware and Sound’ section where you need to click on the Devices and Printers link.
- Search for your printer and once you find it out, you need to right-click on it.
- Opt for the ‘Printer Properties’ and then go to the ‘Ports’ tab.
- Select the standard ‘TCP/IP’ entry ad you will be able to see the Mac address of your printer.
How Do You Add A Mac Address to Your Router?
- First of all, you should connect your PC directly to wireless router using the Ethernet cable.
- Turn your computer on and then log in as an administrator.
- Open the Web browser and then navigate to the configuration utility.
- Go to the configuration menu where you will be able to search for the ‘MAC Address Filtering’ security feature.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and you will be able to add Mac address to your router successfully.
How Do I Find the IP Address from A Mac Address?
First, you need to open command prompt by going to the Start menu and typing ‘cmd’ in the search box. Hereafter, you should type the ‘arp’ in the command prompt and then hit the ‘Enter’ button. Next, you will come across the all MAC addresses and then find out the associated IP address. Now, you will be able to come across the different columns in which first one consists of the IP address. Also, the second column consists of the MAC address. By this way, you will successfully find out the IP address from the known MAC address.
How Can I Get Mac Address?
Do you want to get the Mac address of your printer? Walkthrough the below-mentioned steps to do so proficiently:
- First off, press the start button to open the start menu.
- Now, you need to go to the command prompt by typing ‘cmd’ in the search box.
- After reaching out there, you need to type ‘arp-a’ in the command prompt.
- Hit enter and then you will come across the IP address by scrolling down to the result.
- Also, you will be able to see the MAC address of your printer which is available next to IP address.